Sunday 3 June 2012

SheSaid Beauty Box June 2012

Hello! This is the second SheSaid box that I have received, and I must be honest, they just keep getting better and better! I think they put a lot of seasonal consideration into the samples and products they pack into their boxes, which I absolutely love, and the range of products I have received so far has been absolutely great! I'm so impressed with this beauty box, especially considering it's £1 cheaper than Glossybox and Joliebox every month, and it doesn't seem to be as widely publicised and talked about (at least not among the beauty bloggers I follow) and I want to send out some BIG LOVE to the people at SheSaid beauty box co. because I think they're doing an excellent job, and they're keeping me very happy with the monthly packages I find sitting on my doorstep! Bravo!


This month's box:

Yardley London Royal Diamond Eau de Toilette - This is a really beautiful scent, I think there's a subtle blend of floral, powdery and sweet notes. It's a really nice scent and I think very appropriate for a celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I would say that I think this scent could be for someone maybe a bit older than myself. After seeing that the price of the full size 50ml bottle is only £9.99!! I think I'm going to go out and get myself one of these, I can't believe how cheap it is! My only gripe with this sample is that it's in a little vile without a spray, which annoys me, but other than that, we're off to a good start!


Balance Super Moisturising Hand Cream - I like the fact that this is made from 98% natural ingredients, and that this is a 30ml full size product! I always think it's great to see full size products in the boxes, because it makes them feel really worth the money that you pay for them. I really like getting hand creams too, because I'm always on the hunt for a new, better one! The cream is quite thick and a little goes a long way, it has quite a strong herbal smell, it isn't unpleasant and I can't quite pin down exactly what it is that this smells like, but I can only describe it as... herbally! I have more to say on this cream, so in the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I'll do a separate review another time!


Elemis Tranquil Touch Indulgent Bath Elixir - I have yet to use this in the bath, because I don't tend to have a lot of baths! (I'm not disgusting and saying I don't wash, my personal hygiene is perfectly fine, thank you very much, I just prefer showers) But I have given it a little sniff, and it seems to have quite a spicy, oriental smell, which isn't something I tend to go towards, but it'll be nice to try something new!


St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturiser - I was SO excited to see this sitting in my box! Obviously St. Tropez is raved about generally as a brand but it's just so expensive I've never been able to bring myself to spend that much on something I don't know will work well with my skin. So I'm so pleased that I've got the opportunity to try before I buy! I think it's great to see a well known, more expensive product to try out! I'm a bit worried that mine is in medium deep, considering how pale I am, but I'm willing to give it a try!


Let's Go Lashes in Temptress - I'm not usually a fan of dramatic or full on lashes, I don't tend to wear lashes full stop actually, and if I ever buy them, I always look for lashes that are quite natural, not too long, and will blend in and just naturally enhance my own lashes, rather than make them the fullest and longest lashes in the world. These lashes are quite full, and quite long, but there's something I really like about them! I definitely would NOT wear this for everyday use, they're definitely too full on for that, but they look like they could be gorgeous, slightly more intense lashes for a night out, but not look scary like some fuller lashes can. It's difficult to explain, but what I'm trying to say is: I usually prefer natural looking lashes, these are a little bit more full on, but I like them! There, that wasn't so hard!


Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream - Yet another sample that I was really pleased to see in my box! My best friend has absolutely raved about this to me since receiving a sample in an online beauty order. She's got combination to oily skin and this keeps her skin matte virtually all day, which is unusual for  BB cream! I haven't tried this out myself yet, so look out for a review soon.


Like I said before, I love that the SheSaid beauty box puts seasonal products in the boxes, like the St. Tropez and BB cream, which I feel are more appropriate for the summer months. I also like getting the lashes in my boxes, because they're not something I'd usually spend money on, and I like being sent the lashes from companies I haven't heard of before, because it means I get to try out something new! I give my full recommendation to the SheSaid beauty box, if I were to recommend one, it'd be this one and it's cheaper than most of the others, which is just an added bonus! Subscription is avaiable in the U.K from the SheSaid Beauty Box website.
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment