Wednesday 6 June 2012

What's in my Festival Makeup Bag?

Hello! So whilst I haven't yet done a "What's in my makeup bag?" post, I thought I'd get in the festival spirit, and write about what makeup I'm taking with me to the festival I'm going to this summer, which is Download Festival and it's creeping up fast! It starts on 8th June so it's approaching the time that I need to start packing and I thought that I'd talk about what I'm going to be taking with me to spur me on! Plus I like to read this sort of post/watch youtube videos about this sort of thing because I'm nosey, so I thought I'd do one of my own!




So first of all, I'm going to take my makeup in this makeup bag with me, it's a nude coloured leathery material makeup bag from Topshop with navy detail around the zip.








I've tried to keep my makeup bag to a bare minimum, I normally like to give myself a bit of choice on what I might want to wear with regards to my makeup but I've decided not to do that so that it takes up as little room in my bag as possible! I also know from experience that when you've spent the night camping in a tent, you can't be bothered applying a full face of makeup, so I know that I don't need to take heaps and heaps because it won't get used! So here's what I took with me:






So, like I said, when I'm at festivals there's no way I can be bothered with spending time on perfecting my makeup, so I decided not to take any foundation and instead take my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in shade 02 light. This is so easy to blend in with my fingers in a couple of seconds, no brushes required and it has SPF 15, definitely a festival staple!
I'm also taking with me my little simple skincare roller duo; the Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper for any spots that may appear over the weekend, and the Simple Kind to Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-on to brighten my eyes in the morning!
For concealer (because I suffer with terrible dark circles under my eyes and it is the one product that I would NEVER leave the house without wearing) I am taking my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 01 Fair... not much else to say about that!
Like I said, I want to keep the products I take down to a minimum, so the perfect thing to take is multi use products like stains etc, so I'm taking my Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in shade 01 (the red one) I can use this for a flush on my cheeks and my lips, and it's really great that it's packaged in a little tube like a lip gloss because it takes up a very small amount of room. Another great thing about this is that it's easily blended using your fingers, so I don't need to take a brush with me for this either!
I'm also taking a new product with me, my VIVO Baked Bronze in shade 3 Healthy Glow. While it is quite big, you've got to have a bronzed glow at a festival, so I can make some room for this!
I'm taking my Body Shop Radiant Highlighter, because highlighter is one of my faaaaavourite products, and I don't want to have to go the weekend without it!
For mascara I'm taking my UNE Casual Volume Mascara in shade C01 (black) this is just my everyday mascara, I need a new one really because I've had this one for quite a while... shamefully longer than the recommended 3 months... But that just means that I don't mind if it gets lost in all the festival confusion!
I'm taking 2 eyeliners with me, because that's the only way to go at a rock festival! No, seriously though, I'm taking my Oriflame Eye Liner Stylo in Black, this is a pen form eyeliner and I like to line my top lids with this because it's really easy to apply, it's mess free and always stays really neat. I'm also taking my Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 26 Noir, I usually like to apply this to my lower lashline or put it on my upper lid to smudge because this is a really soft, thin crayon type eyeliner, so it's great for that.
I'm also taking my Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Powder Pink for my waterline to brighten my eyes.
Another, yes another, eye brightening product I'm taking is my E.L.F Mineral Eye Brightener, because this actually works and at festivals when you've been staying up late watching bands, not getting much sleep in an uncomfortable tent, and drinking alcohol, you need as much to help you brighten your eyes as possible!
I'm taking my HD Brows Brow Beater to keep my brows tame during the day without having to fill them in, and finally, I'm taking my E.L.F Eyelid Primer in Sheer just to even out any discolouration in my eyelids, because they're quite veiny.
And that's everything that I'm taking with me in my makeup bag for the weekend!








I'm also taking a little brush case with me with 4 brushes. The black case is from a set I got for Christmas last year that was a No7 set from boots that included brushes too. The brushes I'm taking are my E.L.F studio complexion brush to apply my VIVO baked bronzer, an E.L.F studio small smudge brush that I use to apply my E.L.F mineral eye brightener, an E.L.F smudge brush for smudging my Rimmel eyeliner, and finally, my Ruby and Millie eyeliner 7mm brush for general eyeliner... stuff...


So yes! That's everything I'm taking with me with regards to makeup and brushes, I tried to keep it down to the bare essentials but I think I might still have over-packed because it's a bad habbit of mine! Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything that I'll need with me at Download and I'm just so excited to get there now!


Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment