Sunday 12 August 2012

She Said Beauty Box August 2012

Hello! I'm here with my (late - sorrysorrysorry) SheSaid Beauty Box post about the August box! This is the 4th box I have received in my subscription, and I have been very happy with the past three (see what I got in May, June and July) and not so happy with the glossyboxes I've been sent (see what I got in May, June and July) but August seems to have been a month of reversals, I've got to say I was a little more pleased with glossybox - they still haven't wowed me, but we're getting there - and I was quite disappointed with the SheSaid Beauty Box that I was sent... Anyway, I'll show you what was in my box!



White Glo Professional Choice Toothpaste - Toothpaste. Toothpaste? TOOTHPASTE?! This month in a beauty box I got toothpaste?! As soon as I saw this I knew it wasn't going to be a good box, and it's not even full size! A sample size toothpaste. really shesaid? really? I am not impressed by this at all. toothpaste to me is just boring, even the whitening ones, I just really don't care all that much about them, so I was not pleased in the slightest that this was in there. In my beauty boxes I want exciting things, pretty and maybe a bit frivolous or more expensive than I'd usually buy to treat myself! I do not, want toothpaste.

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve - For me this was really the only redeeming product in the box, I finally have this after my epic search through every Glamour magazine I could find last month and not being able to track this freebie down. I'm so glad that this was included because it's had some really great reviews and it was so annoying that I couldn't find it (yes I know I could have just bought it, but really, who wants to spend £12 on a lip balm?!) so thank you for that one, I really am looking forward to trying this out.

Redken Color Extend Radiant-10 - I really really want this to be useful to me, I really do, but I don't have coloured hair! I was pleased to see redken in the box because I know how good they're meant to be, it's just unfortunate that this product isn't suited to my needs so that's disappointing, but kudos for the redken brad inclusion shesaid.

Papier Poudre Rachel Powdered Paper - This is a sort of blotting paper that is powdered, I quite like the packaging, I've got to say,not that interested in the product itsself because I don't like my makeup to be too powdery and my face doesn't tend to get so oily that I need to blot it, but I'll try them out and it's another brand my eyes have been opened to via the medium of the beauty box, so I suppose that's one good thing to come of it!

Absolutely Flawless Nail Foils - I was sent the metallic silver foils with a black leopard print design, they're nice enough, I still want to try them out to see if they're any good and if they are have a look at the other designs  to see if there are any that I like, but this design just aren't really my cup of tea and I find them a little bit tacky or cheap looking (sorry!)

4711 Eau De Cologne - This was really strange, the bottle was absolutely tiny! It didn't say on it what it was, so I had to have a look on the card to find out: it's a perfume. I'm just going to come out and say it, I don't like the smell of this, it's just not my kind of thing, it's way too heavy, so if you like that sort of thing then check this out.

So for me this month's box was a disappointment, but to be honest it wasn't because the products were bad ones, it just so happens that they weren't suited to me this month and I guess that's the chance you take when you sign up to beauty boxes, you're never going to love everything... The toothpaste though, what was that about? Not cool.

Maybe my expectations are a little high after being so pleased with past boxes? What do you think of this box?
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment