Wednesday 12 September 2012

Chamomile Tea Looks Like Wee

Hello! These blog posts are getting far too sporadic for my liking, but I'm in a bit of a jumble at the moment sorting out various admin things with work and uni and making other preparations for going back to uni! So hopefully once I get back into some sort of routine things will smooth out! Meanwhile, amongst the September bustle, it has been my birthday! I am very sad to say that I have now left my teens behind *cry* and I am feeling very depressed about the whole thing, I don't want to be 20! I'm not ready! Old before my time! Could this be the beginning of a lengthy mid-life crisis? Yes I know I'm being dramatic, I just don't feel 20 at all! Anyway, I've been suffering under the binds of a spending ban recently and when I got some birthday money (and John Lewis had a 10% off event) I was a little naughty...





 Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in 24 Fresh Melon £18 £16.20, Dior DiorSkin Shimmer Poudre Compact in 002 Amber Diamond £32 £28.80, Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector in Porcelain Bisque £18 £16.20.

Yes, I splurged, I feel guilty, but it was my birthday okay?! I had to restrain myself from going crazy at the origins counter, I'll save that for the next event John Lewis have... But in all seriousness these are products that I've wanted for quite some time now and I've been waiting to get some money/a discount event to buy them so when the two crossed over, I couldn't help myself! Also, John Lewis have been out of the Dior Amber Diamond for so long (since their last 10% off event) and they even told me that they thought it had been discontinued (!!) I was a little distraught, and hardly dared to check if they had it in today after I'd finished at Bobbi Brown but I did, and they had it so I absolutely had to get it!

Something else I thought I'd mention just at the end, is that recently I've been really enjoying drinking chamomile tea in the afternoon, it counts towards your daily water intake and it tastes delicious! I like to sweeten mine with a teaspoon of honey, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin since I've been having a cup every day! I noticed the difference pretty much overnight, my blemishes started to go, my skin looked brighter and healthier, it's really true what they say about your skincare only being able to help you so far and the rest being down to your diet and what you put in your body. I can honestly say that I notice reverse effects as well when my diet is poor for a few days, my skin is oilier and blemishes take longer to get rid of. Speaking of which, I definitely notice that my skin is less oily when I've been drinking green tea and herbal tea every day as well as looking brighter and everything else I've already mentioned! I also like drinking from cute little teacups haha!


Have you splurged on anything recently? Or have you tried any of the products that I splurged on?
Eleanor x

4 comments:

  1. what a great post, you've picked some lovely items :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm really excited to try them all out! :)
    And I'll be sure to check it out!
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I bought Dior Amber Diamond when I was in Manchester in July, I love it:):) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so pretty! I was never that interested in it until I saw it swatched and then I knew I just had to have it, only problem is, it's so pretty I'm scared to touch it or put my brush in it because I don't want to ruin it! haha!
      Eleanor x

      Delete