Wednesday 21 November 2012

Glossybox November 2012

Hello! I've got a Glossybox post today, I received my box about a week ago (maybe it was 2, I have so much work at the moment I've lost track of things!) This was supposed to be done on Friday, however I left my laptop charger at Matt's house and have only just got it back! So it is with haste that I write this post about what I got in my November Glossybox, as I realise by this point everybody has already read about Glossybox this month and it's old news HOWEVER I'm going to give my opinion on the box anyway!!





Wei Beauty Royal Ming Firming and Hydrating Cream - This is really an anti-ageing product, which I'm not too interested in, just because I'm 20 and don't really want to get into all that just yet! Is anybody else worried that if they start using a wrinkle cream and then stop using it that you will actually get wrinkles and then NEED to use the cream? Am I weird to think that? Well that's something I worry about and so as you can imagine, don't touch wrinkle creams with a barge pole! I might give this a try if any of you can talk me around from my (probably irrational) fear of anti-ageing creams in the comments! One more thing I want to say about this, I like that this is an unusual brand that they've included, I don't think I've heard of them before, but the sample size is tiny!!

Burberry Body Eau de Parfum - Do I need to repeat my feeling on perfume being included in beauty boxes? I'm not a fan of the companies doing this, to cut a long story short. I have to give a bit of extra credit here, because the sample is much bigger than the normal silly little viles, and is in a very pretty bottle. It looks (and is) very expensive, the smell is okay, nothing too offensive, but nothing worth repurchasing for me (especially with the steep price tag).

Alison Claire Natural Beauty Mango Body Butter - This looks absolutely lovely, I love the smell of mango, and I'm always willing to try out new body butters and moisturisers, this is a really good size as well, and from a company I haven't heard from. The Glossybox card says it's a new brand which is nice to see included! I think it's really nice to see how well packaged this sample is, it has a proper pump and it's in a nice little plastic tube, this is the sort of thing I like to see! And the ingredients are organic, which is another thumbs up from me!

Nails Inc Porchester Square - I actually already have this in a full size polish! I really like the colour, although I know some won't, which is the problem with sending out nail polish, because I know if I'd have been sent the bright pink Notting Hill Gate like some people I probably wouldn't have been as happy because it's not the sort of colour I like to wear on my nails. But fortunately I was sent a colour I do like, I'll probably pass this on to my sister seeing as I already own a full size bottle! And for me, I do think that this is a little small to include, I can't see you being able to get too many manicures out of this to be honest.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - This is definitely the most exciting product in the box, an exfoliating rice based powder?! I have never heard of anything like it, and that excites me! The description also says that it leaves skin brighter, which is something I particularly like in a beauty product! And the fact that the card with Glossybox says that it's a models favourite, well, this excited me even more! It's a from a luxury brand and a generous size, well done Glossybox!

So all together I'd say this was probably a better box than I've had in the past, some really great products included, a good mixture of well known brands and new/undiscovered (by me anyway) ones. Also some more expensive products in there which I really like to see, because that's what I signed up for after all! And there were some good sized products in this box too, although I think some of the smaller ones should have been more generous. Is it just me or do other people not like receiving these really small samples? Even if there are big ones in the box too, I still feel like I'm not getting my monies worth, or feel a bit disappointing if one or two of the samples are very small. Maybe I'm just being greedy, but I am looking forward to the boxes to come!!

What did you think of this month's glossybox? What do you think of the size of samples?

Eleanor x

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing! Lovely glossybox. I just started blogging today, and I'd love it if you checked out and followed mine http://likeanlcharm.blogspot.com/

    Following your blog now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much! I'm glad you liked it! I'll definitely check yours out, have fun blogging!!
      Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. I love reading what people got in their beauty boxes!
    I have the dermalogica scrub and it's great :)

    Follow each other? Your blog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'll definitely check your blog out :) And I like reading what people got too!
      Eleanor x

      Delete